Wednesday 14 November 2012

Target audience

Through my research on the website UK Tribes, I have chosen my Target audience. Utilizing my skills, and the research I have done, I have decided to make an Alternative Rock Magazine, and therefore my target audience would be the Young Alts section of UK Tribes.

According to UK Tribes, Young Alts are fans of bands such as Greenday, You Me At Six and Bring The Horizon, and like brands such as H and M, Kerrang!, NME and Vans. They also utilize media such as Facebook, YouTube and Kerrang!

UK Tribes state they utilize the internet and magazines more than any other form of media, so I would know how to advertise my magazine effectively. I also know not to advertise in cinema, or in newspapers.

Here is an example of a member of my target audience, which I created using the H and M dress up page, utilized for designing entire looks at once, using H and M merchandise:

Alternative Rock is a type of Rock Music, which emerged in the 1980's, which is most commonly associated with Loud music, and distorted guitar sounds. Now more commonly associated with 'underground rock', alternative rock is actually a brand of rock which differs greatly from its sound, social context and regional roots.

Examples of Alternative rock bands/artists include: Muse, The Joy Formidable, 30 Seconds to mars, All Time Low, Blink 182 and Linkin Park and Panic! At the Disco.

To the right is a photograph of a member of my target audience. His name is Matt, and when asked where he shops, and what he buys, he told me he buys clothes from shops like H and M, and Top-shop. He buys music magazines like Kerrang!, and NME, thus making these an ideal audience to market my magazine at.

Here is an example of some alternative rock:





This is one of my preferred genres of choice, so I feel I will be able to perform well in the task of making an Alternative Rock magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment