Wednesday 28 November 2012

Front Cover Pre-loaded font choices

Apart from my front cover images, and text, I also have to consider the font of the text. Since I am doing an Alternative rock magazine I will need to match my font appropriately. From my research, I have looked at several fonts, and have noticed that they generally in blocked capitals, and, in the case of the Q magazine, and the Kerrang! magazine I looked at, the text has a warn/old quality to it. With that in mind, I have began my search for fonts on the program photoshop, which is the program I shall be utilizing to create my cover.

Firstly, I have to select the colour I desire for my font. This shall be Red for my test, and possibly Red for my final magazine, as it is a strong colour which stands out, and contrasts well with a dark coloured background, which is what I shall more than likely use.

Firstly, I have to select fonts which I feel would suit my magazine from those that are available to me. Without too much searching in the pre-loaded section, I found a font known as Madison Ave. This font appealed to me, as it appeared to have the warn look I am after, however The text to me looks a little too rounded, as I envisioned the text to be more square-shaped than that font.

The next font I came across searching in  photoshop's pre-loaded fonts is one known as Stellar Kombat. This font is far more to my liking, as it has a far more angular text, and yet this text is missing the warn look. Whilst I could always make the text warn look myself, I will continue my search or the fonts made available to me, and I shall save this font as a possible back up.

Here is an example of a font that I like, however, I can't see it working for the title of my magazine. Bleeding Cowboys is the title of the font to the left. This font could work for a different style of music magazine, such as a heavy rock, or some such magazine.

Here is an example of a font that is more like what I am looking for. It has a warn-like look, yet still isn't exactly what I am looking for, as it doesn't have  single, uniform shape/size. I feel that, although this font possesses the warn look I want, it doesn't seem to fit the purpose of the font.




No comments:

Post a Comment