Wednesday 5 December 2012

Front cover Fonts: Outside Source Fonts

Apart from the fonts which were pre-loaded on Photoshop, I have also been looking at outside sources, such as dafont.com. On websites such as this, you can find different categories of fonts, which can be utilized on different softwares, such as Microsoft word, and Photoshop.

To the right is the front page of dafont.com. For my magazine, I am looking for a warn effect text, and so I shall begin my search in the Eroded category.

Here is the initial 4 fonts on the page, with the top one being the most highly rated. 
The first on this list is known as Broken Type. Already, this font is far more to my liking than the others I found searching through photoshop. Whilst Broken Type font is far more to my liking than the other fonts I have cover, I shall continue searching for others, in case I find a better one.    


The next font I viewed was called Birth of a Hero. This font is practically perfect for my needs, as it has the warn look I am after, along with the rounded style of text I initially planned to have. However, I have so far only searched over the first page, so i shall conduct a further search, before making my decision, to ensure I have looked over all the font. 

The next font that I found to be to my specification is called The Maple Origins. Whilst this font possesses the square style, and the warn look, it is hollow and white, which is something I find to be not to my style/liking and therefore I don't think I shall utilize this exact font. 


No comments:

Post a Comment