Wednesday 19 December 2012

First Draft construction (2)

Now that I have my cover image, and title, I now have to add my coverlines to the cover, along with my 'award' section.

I wish to add some blocking behind the text for my Award, so I have to insert a filled shape first. This shall then be filled with a colour of my       choice. In this case, red.  Now all I have to add is my text.




















Now I simply have to add my coverlines, which shall be done in red, to keep with the house style, and the featured artists in white, as this creates a contrast with the two colours already on the front.



































For the font, I utilized Stellar Kombat: a font which my research showed would suit my style of magazine. However, My research has also shown me that the names of the artist should be slightly bigger, to make them appear more important the other text on the front cover. I shall therefore make them slightly bigger.

Next, I have to add my barcode to the cover. This also means moving the text at the bottom of the page. To get my barcode, I Made one utilizing a generator:













Now I all I have to do is copy it, and put it on my cover.

Finally, all I have left to do with the text is to enlarge my title, so it goes from side to side, and to add my date/issue number above my barcode.













As for the Issue number, date and price, I shall make this my 126th issue, the date shall be for january 2013, as this would make my award seem believable. As for price, I shall make this £2.30, as my research has shown me that this is the general asking price for a magazine like this.




Now I have decided to make the title for my cover artist much bigger, as to make sure it is the focus of attention, and so that people know it relates to the artist on the cover.















No comments:

Post a Comment