Thursday 13 December 2012

Front cover initial draft

As I work on the different aspects of my front cover, I shall explain each step, and each choice I have made. and what I have changed in the image. Firstly I opened up a new photoshop PSD, with the following specification:










After I had completed this, I was left with a blank, A4 sized plain PSD. I intend to put all the different elements together, over the top of this, to create my full cover.

Next I have to crop my front cover image, and place it onto my background. To do this, I shall utilize the quick select tool. With this, I can quickly highlight the sections of the picture I wish to get rid of, or in this case, remove the centre image from.  Next, after removing the background, I have to overlay the two pieces, and transform my image. This will have be decreased in size, as the background has been made on a smaller scale.




Next, I have to add my title to the work. The font I have chosen, Birth of a Hero, has to be downloaded from dafont.com. Firstly, I have to download the font, then install it. Once installed, the font can be found in photoshop.

Now I have to insert my title onto my photoshop file. I start by selecting the text tool from the toolbar.

Now I just have to select my font, and then create my text, and change the size of my font to make it visible and legible.



























Now I think the image is too dark for the background, so, utilizing the curves tool under brightness and contrast, I shall make it brighter.



 Now I think the image stands out much more, and I am far happier with the result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment