Monday 17 December 2012

Cover Line planning

I have decided that before I add my cover lines, I want to add a line above my title, speaking of the awards it has won, and or been nominated for, such as 'Best new music magazine', and 'Hottest upcoming magazine.' Before I can add this, I need to adjust the positioning, and location of my title. At the same time, I also have to decide what my cover lines should be advertising, and how they should be doing it. Firstly, I need to decide how many cover lines I shall be putting on my front cover. I have chosen to go with 4, including the one advertising the main artist of my magazine.

To begin, I have to decide what kind of awards my magazine has been nominated for, or has won.  I want these to be real awards, such as Best UK music magazine, and Most Promising new music magazine. Of the awards I have found, I have chosen to claim my magazine has won the Best UK music Magazine 2012, as the time of creation is at the end of 2012, and the start of 2013, so the award would fit the magazine. This award could have also been given my NME, so this could also feature on the cover.

Next I have to decide what I want to make up my cover lines. I have come up with several, however, of the ones I have created the ones I have chosen are as follow:

"Matt Bellamy: The price of fame."
"The Joy Formidable: In the Shadow of a Legend?"
"You, Me at Six: Making waves in the UK!"

Along with this, I also have to design the promotional piece/cover line on the artist I have on my front cover. For this, I was thinking of having a direct quote from the article on the double page spread. For this, I was thinking along the lines of:

"Bringing music back to the good ol' days!"

No comments:

Post a Comment