Thursday 20 December 2012

Initial draft feedback

Here is my first draft for my music magazine, which had been given feedback by a number of students. I presented my work to them, and the following is what was said about it:

Student One:

  • "Good range of coverlines."
  • "Model posture looks boring as if it has been set up."
  • "Can't clearly tell the genre of the magazine."
  • "Like the title font- it's interesting."
  • "Good use of colour. Mix of three."
  • "Maybe use some different size text to others?"
  • "Get a photo of the model looking at you."
Of this feedback, I think the points about my cover model, as it could look a little more interesting/indicative of a music magazine. The point i disagree with most is probably the different sized texts, as I have used different size text for the artist's name, the coverlines, the featured artists and the price, date and issue number. 

Student Two:
  • "Picture representative of genre."
  • "Picture may blend into the background a bit."
  •  "Maybe one more coverline."
  •  "Maybe add some design-y elements"
  • "Maybe a bit boring."
Of this feedback, I agree with the point of the need for "design-y" elements, or things that make my magazine differ from that of the others currently for sale on the market. I may add an additional coverline as well, however, I personally think 4 is enough, as my magazine analysis of Kerrang! only has 4-5 coverlines.

Student Three:

  • "Look at the photo-it seems to be cut and paste. It needs to blend in more with the background."
  • "Placement of coverlines needs to be rearranged."
  • "Change text size-it's all the same."
  • "Think of the name, it doesn't seem to fit with the feel of the magazine genre."
Of this feedback, I do agree with the need to blend the photograph more with the image, and I also agree that I may need to rearrange my coverlines slightly. However, I disagree with the text all being one size, as it isn't. However, this indicates to me that a change of font may make the change appear more visible. 

Student Four: 
  • "Black background causes the photo not to stand out."
  • "Would prefer the model to look at the camera."
  • "Coverlines dominate the photo."
  • "Title and font style look good."
  • "Red does look good on the magazine."
  • "There are enough coverlines, but perhaps a bit too wordy."
  • "Change text size."
Of this feedback I agree with the point about the background. This has come from several sources, and so I shall change the background to make it lighter. I also agree that the blend of red and black look good, however, if i change the background, that might have to change too. Once again, I disagree with the text, and intend to change the fonts to rectify this confusion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment