Monday 11 February 2013

Brand Identity




















The final thing that I shall be looking into before designing my magazine double page spread is to look at how Brand Identity is kept from the front page, to the double page spread. This issue of Kerrang! speaks of this band in the contents page, yet doesn't make a huge deal out of them till they are actually featured. On this page, it is clear to see which magazine it came from. The Interviewer is referred to as K!, and there are several instances on the page where the title of the magazine can be seen, such as in the bottom right hand corner. Much like this magazine, I intend to make the link between my magazine pages clear, and despite the fact that my artist is featured on the cover, I can't see any reason as to why this almost simplistic look couldn't work for my magazine too.






















 Here is an issue of NME, which has also very heavily inspired my work. This one features a much more stylish double page spread, and whilst I am basing mine more off the Kerrang! double page spread, I wish to establish brand identity like this issue of NME. It is clear that the artist on the cover is the same as in the double page spread, however, I would say they don't feature on the contents page as much, and additionally, there is a less obvious link between the magazine and the feature. I shall avoid this, by ensuring that my magazine title is clearly visible  like the issue of Kerrang!





No comments:

Post a Comment