Friday 22 February 2013

Improvements to existing final pieces

Now that I approaching the end of my construction, I asked a few other students what they thought of my work, when all three were added together. I also asked for their opinions on what could be improved, or what needed to made better to ensure I can get the highest grade possible.

The first person told me that I should use a larger double page spread picture. I do agree with this statement, as I have a large amount of space which needs to be filled somehow. Additionally, I have noted that my design element in the form of a playing card is roughly the same size as my picture, and whilst I do want that to dominate the top right hand corner, I need to make sure it doesn't appear to dominate my main image.

The second person made several points. Firstly, I have gaps around the pictures on the contents page, which need to be made smaller, or less obvious. The next comment was some praise, stating that I had maintained a strong house style throughout. The last comment correctly stated that I have yet to give an overall title to my double page spread, and so this is something that must be added to my work.

The third person made comments regarding the positioning of the cover lines. I not only need to do this, but also change the size of my primary cover line, as it needs to dominate the cover. Once again, I have been given a small amount of praise for my house style, which obviously doesn't require much work. The final comment made by this person is that the font on the double page spread makes the article hard to read, but also is a font which suits the genre of magazine and music. I am a little unsure what to do about this, as the student would have been reading my work of a screen which makes it incredibly small, so I am unsure if it should be changed or not.

The final person has reinforced the ideas spoken about my double page spread, and the size of the image. As I have previously stated, I shall do my upmost to change this so that it is a much more preferable size. Furthermore, I have been told that the way my text differs is good, so this doesn't need to be changed. The final comment made about my work is that the price of my work should be made the same size as my other texts, so that a more professional look is created. I shall be sure that I do this, as I need to make it as realistic as possible with the tools I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment