Wednesday 9 January 2013

Contents page contents

Before I can comprise my contents page, I have to plan what will be in my contents. Before this stage of planning can take place, I must decide how many pages are inside my magazine. From my research, the average weekly magazine has anywhere between 55-80 pages. Since I am making a similar magazine, I shall make mine around 65-70 pages, as this seems to be about the average.

Much like magazines such as Kerrang!, and NME, I intend to have the contents of my magazine in sub-headings, such as "News", or "Reviews".  The headings I shall put in my contents page shall consist of:


  • News: Perhaps the most generic of all headings, yet the most frequently occurring across all music magazines, so it is only natural to include it.
  • Reviews: Another heading that appears across nearly all magazines. I shall be sure to include this subtitle, as it can potentially be linked back to some of my coverlines. 
  •  Gig-guide: An increasingly popular heading across contents pages. This is where I can feature another of my coverlines. 

  • Featured: In this case, the feature of my magazine is an interview with my cover artist, and so it is vital that I include this in my work.  

  • Posters: From my research, I have discovered that several magazines make regular use of posters in their magazines, so I intend to do so too.

  • Albums: A few magazines I have looked into, notably Kerrang! have a section dedicated to albums, so I shall share this too.

  • Live: Many magazines also review live concerts, so I shall put this feature in my contents page. 

  • Rocker's quiz: NME, and Kerrang! both have quizzes in the back of their magazines which were posed to certain Rock-stars. Therefore, since I am trying to emulate a magazine like theirs, I shall include something similar.   

Therefore, a complete list of my contents would be similar to this:

News:
Page 4: Surprise Singles, and the loss of a legend.
Page 6: Secrets of Rock's Women, and staying young?!

Reviews:
Page 8: You, Me, At Six: Making Waves in the UK with their new single!
Page 13: Panic! At the Disco's new album; Flop, or Fantastic?
Page 15: Green Day: American Idiot soundtrack.
Page 16: Foo Fighters: Still got it!

Gig-Guide:
Page 18: Alice Lye's newly announced, 2013 tour!
Page 21: Muse: Titanic tour ahead, and exclusive details.
Page 23: Panic! At the Disco: New Album, New Tour, New drummer!
Page 25: Renegade 'End of the world' concert rocks the house!

Features:
Page 31: Alice Lye tells us all in a dusty room, in an exclusive interview with the musical magician!
Page 33: David Archer talks about stardom.
Page 36: The Joy Formidable: How hard is to to work with Britain's biggest rock group?
Page 39: Has Green Day had its day?

Posters:
Page 41: Muse Poster
Page 43: Killers poster
Page 44: Kings of Leon poster.

Albums:
Page 46: Kings of Leon: Love and Loss.
Page 48: Mr Bright-side B
Page 52: You, Me, at Six: Next months album
Page 54: "We'll be there in a week!" Haim's new album, exclusive to Renegade!

Live:
Page 56: Kings of Leon tear up the 02
Page 57: Kiss: "Still pretty good after all this time!"
Page 59: Haim: The American Lads show us a good time.
Page 62: Palma Violets: Getting back to their home town.

Rockers Quiz:
Page 64: We quiz Coldplay's Chris Martin over his past exploits.

No comments:

Post a Comment